THE BEST TATTOO SHOP
Electric Mama Tattoo was founded in 2019 by VASSΩ, a female professional tattooer since 2004.
Located in the center of Athens, in Thiseio, Electric Mama Tattoo opened its doors in 2019 to serve locals and visitors of the city with the highest standards in tattooing.
VASSO was born in Nebraska, USA and grew up in Athens. In 1993 she studied gold- and silversmithing, creating her own jewelry series. Later on she attended the Fine Arts School where she graduated as a sculptor. VASSO is a lover of the American and the European subcultures and lowbrow art. Her style is influenced by American traditional -oldschool tattoos. Since 2004 she is a professional tattoo artist.
Sophia is a fine artist who studied and graduated from both bachelors and masters degree in London. Later moved to the Netherlands where she worked as an illustrator and tattoo artist. She’s travelled all over Europe and the USA for tattoo conventions since 2003. In 2011 she started working as a tattooer in Athens. Specializes in black work/dark illustrations.
Jerome was born and raised in Athens, Greece by Filipino parents. In 2017 he graduated from highschool. He started attending art classes while pursuing his career in tattooing. Jerome‘s style is influenced by traditional – oldschool tattoos and pop art. Since 2018 he is a professional tattoo artist.
Zoe was born and raised in Athens, Greece and she is half Greek and half Sudanese. She started learning the art of tattooing at the age of 17 and she fell in love with it! She graduated from high school in 2018 and since then she has been devoted to the art of tattooing. Her style is influenced by both traditional and new school tattoos.
Dopey was born and raised in Athens, Greece. He is a self taught artist and found his happy place in the art of tattooing , since 2015. He is a restless spirit, he loves to experiment with different styles and techniques with preference to new school and lettering. He has been tattooing professionally since 2018.
- We cover the tattoo with plastic wrap to avoid any skin infection and irritation from your clothes.
- We take it off after 6 hours and we wash it with water and soap while massaging it .(our hands must be clean on all process.)
- We rinse it and then dry-pat the tattoo with single use paper towel!
- Rub a small amount of tattoo ointment on your tattoo just to get it moisturized 4 times a day.
- We wash it and put ointment just the first 3 days.
- After 3 days you put gently your ointment 4 times a day for 2-3 weeks.No cleaning is needed. The healing period depends on the placing and the technique-style is used by your artist.
- After5-8 days the tattoo begins to peel.Do not pick the skin or the scab and do not scratch it.Continue to rub gently your ointment.
Other healing advice.
- Do not use alcohol, petroleum or any other substances or other ointments you were not advised to use .It can cause allergy and irritation.
- You shouldn’t go to the beach, sea, swimming pool,solarium ,for at least 2-3 weeks.
- You should protect your tattoo from the sun using sunscreen especially in the summer ideally forever.
- Avoid very hairy and tight clothes/shoes ,they can cause irritation.
- Healing process can last from 10 days till one month and it depends on the kind of the tattoo we got and the placement.
Electric mama tattoo studio can advise you for the right healing process and the products that you should use but YOU are the only responsible for the way your tattoo heals.
We would like to see you again 20 days after your tattoo was done.
Get in touch
Should you have any queries or questions do not hesitate to contact us. Walk-ins are welcome to our shop, but for your convinience we recommend to get in touch and schedule an appointment prior to your visit.